For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the DPA”), Roadcraft Safety Products Limited and Fleming & Co. (Machinery) Limited (“we” or “us”) are the data controllers, being the organisations which determines how your personal data is used and for what purposes. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected as a user of our web site. Please be assured that any data you give will only be used in accordance with this policy and that we will comply with the DPA in handling your data.
We may change this policy from time to time without notice to you. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes that we make. This policy is effective from 20 April, 2016.
What we collect
If you chose to complete a Contact Us form we will collect the following information:
• your name and company name
• your contact telephone number and email address
• the product line you are interested in from the dropdown box selection
• all details added to the More Information text box
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Used to distinguish users
Expiration time 2 years
Used to throttle request rate
Expiration time 10 minutes
Used for convenience of visitors and contributors to the blog – so that the website remembers visitors and visitors won’t need to re-type all their authentication information once they have logged in.
What we do with the information we gather
We will use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
• to help us identify you;
• to allow us to respond to your enquiries for further information;
• to allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond, if necessary;
• to contact you for the purposes of conducting research and surveys;
• to improve our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or other access device;
• to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to keep our website safe and secure;
• to comply with any of our legal obligations; and
• to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and condition of website use.
Personal data used for marketing purposes
We may also contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging or social media service with offers of products and services we feel may be of interest to you. By providing us with your address, telephone or fax number, e-mail address and/or social media account(s) details; you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes.
Controlling your personal data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes;
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
Sharing your personal data
We will not sell, or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission.
We may share your personal data with:
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the purpose of any contract we enter into with you;
• law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and/or
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose personal data to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets;
• if our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal data held by our business about you will be one of the transferred assets; or
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of website use and other agreements.
Keeping your personal data secure is of paramount importance to us. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, destruction or damage. All supplied sensitive data is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology only to accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
While we take such steps, please remember that the transmission of personal data via the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Submitting someone else’s personal data through our website
We understand that there may be circumstances in which you need to provide us with the personal data of a person other than you. By doing so, you confirm that the other person has consented to you acting for them and to the processing of their personal data, and that you have informed them of our identity and the content of our terms and conditions of website use and this policy, including the purposes for which their personal data will be processed by us. You also confirm that the other person has explicitly consented to our use and processing of their personal data (including sensitive personal data, where necessary).
Our terms and conditions of website use and this policy will apply to any such third party personal data in the same manner that they apply to your own personal data.
Personal data being used outwith the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
From time to time it may be that your personal data could be sent outwith the EEA if organisations that provide services on our behalf are based outwith the EEA. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outwith the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably practicable to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Your right to see the data we hold on you
You have the right in law to see the personal data we hold on you subject to a small fee (currenly £10), to request access to the personal data we hold about you; you must:
• put your request in writing;
• include proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
• attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to either Roadcraft Safety Products Ltd or Fleming & Co. (Machinery) Ltd.; and
• specify the personal data you want to access.
If you believe that any data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us as know as soon as possible in writing, and we will promptly correct it.
Links to other websites
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to either or both of us;
Roadcraft Safety Products Ltd.
Knightcott Industrial Estate
Fleming & Company
60 Woodhead Road